The call for nominations to the CLIVAR panels and Scientific Steering Group (SSG) is
PAGES/CLIVAR Intersection Working Group (PAGES)
The CLIVAR/PAGES Working Group is jointly sponsored by PAGES and the Climate Variability and Predictability (CLIVAR) project of the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP), and plays an important role in developing and implementing the overlapping research interests of both these programmes.
The formation of the intersection was predicated on the idea that paleoclimate studies provide a useful adjunct to studies of modern climate variability and likely future change. Since its establishment in the mid-1990s, the goals of the intersection have evolved with the changing focus of each parent organisation. The goals are detailed in the CLIVAR/PAGES Vision Document.
Terms of Reference
1. Promote improved high resolution, well-dated, quantitative paleoclimate records with seasonal to interannual resolution in regions which are of direct relevance to IGBP and WCRP.
2. Formulate and promote, in collaboration with PAGES and CLIVAR, a programme for analyzing and synthesizing paleoclimatic data in order to reveal evidence of patterns of variability within the climate system over seasonal to millennial time scales.
3. Promote improved quantitative methods of model-data comparison and evaluation in order to understand the variability present in both the paleoclimatic record and the models.
4. Promote the use of paleoclimate data to examine issues of climate predictability.
5. Coordinate with other modeling activities of relevance to IGBP and WCRP.
Upcoming Opportunities for CLIVAR/PAGES Collaboration
The ICTP-CLIVAR Summer School on Marine Heatwaves: Global Phenomena with Regional Impacts, will be organized at the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Phy
The American Geophysical Union (AGU) has elected fifty-four individuals to the 2022 Class of Fellows.
Applications are invited for groups within, or linked to CLIVAR communities across the globe to propose “Research Foci” (RF) Studies
PAGES Panel Members
|Valerie Masson-Delmotte||Deputy Director||2012||Lab. Modelisation du Climat et l'Environment||France|
|Gavin Schmidt||Deputy Director||2012||NASA GISS & Centre for Clim System Res., Columbia Univ.||USA|
|Michael E Mann||Director||2012||Earth System Science Center, Pennsylvania State University||USA|
|Joelle Gergis||Director||2014||University of Melbourne||Australia|
|Johann Jungclaus||Director||2012||Max Planck Institute for Meteorology||Germany|
|Hans Linderholm||Director||2014||University of Gothenburg||Sweden|
|Yi Wang||Director||2014||University of Sussex||UK|