Participants of the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel at their 5th session - March 11&14, 2019, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida.
Ocean Model Development Panel (OMDP)
|FilaChange, an international conference on ocean processes linking filaments and finescales (1-100 km) with climate change||Paris; Rhode Island; Hobart; Qingdao||France; USA; Australia; China||
2022-08-29 to 2022-09-02
|CLIVAR-FIO Summer School on Ocean Macroturbulence and Its Role in Earth’s Climate||Qingdao||China||
2022-08-14 to 2022-08-20
|3rd Summer School on Theory, Mechanisms and Hierarchical Modeling of Climate Dynamics: Tropical Oceans, ENSO and their Teleconnections||Trieste||Italy||
2022-07-18 to 2022-07-29
|20th DRAKKAR Ocean Modelling Workshop||virtual||
2022-01-31 to 2022-02-02
|Future Directions in High-resolution Ocean Modelling||Kiel||Germany||
2021-09-28 to 2021-10-01
OMDP Panel Members
|Baylor Fox Kemper||Co-Chair||2022||Brown Uni.||USA|
|Sarah Nicholson||Co-Chair||2025||Council for Scientific and Industrial Research||South Africa|
|Alistair Adcroft||Member||2022||Princeton University||USA|
|Laure Zanna||Member||2022||Courant Institute, NYU||USA|
|Julie Deshayes||Member||2022||French National Centre for Scientific Research||France|
|Doroteaciro Iovino||Member||2022||Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change||Italy|
|Adele Morrison||Member||2022||Australian National University||Australia|
|Luke Van Roekel||Member||2022||Los Alamos National Laboratory||USA|
|Qiang Wang||Member||2022||Alfred Wegener Institute||Germany|
|Zhao Jing||Member||2022||Key Laboratory of Physical Oceanography, Ocean University of China||China|
|Rym Msadek||Member||2023||French National Center for Scientific Research CNRS||France|
|Shogo Urakawa||Member||2024||Meteorological Research Institute, Japan Meteorological Agency||Japan|
|Gokhan Danabasoglu (1, 3, 4)||Emeritus||National Center for Atmospheric Research||USA|
|Enrique Curchitser||Emeritus||Rutgers University||USA|
|Simon Marsland (2)||Emeritus||CSIRO||Australia|
|George Nurser||Emeritus||National Oceanography Center||UK|
|Eric Chassignet (3, 5, 6)||Emeritus||Florida State University||USA|
|Stephen Griffies (3)||Emeritus||NOAA/GFDL||USA|
|Julien Le Sommer||Emeritus||IGE, CNRS||France|
|Mats Bentsen||Emeritus||Uni Climate, Uni Research Ltd||Norway|
|Helene Hewitt||Emeritus||Met Office Hadley Centre||UK|
|Anne Marie Treguier||Emerita||IFREMER||France|
Information on other activities where OMDP members are serving:
1 - Chair of the US CLIVAR AMOC Science Team
2 - Member of WCRP Working Group on Coupled Modelling and OMDP representative on WGNE/WGCM Climate Model Metrics Panel (WCMMP)
3 - US CLIVAR Climate Process Team (CPTs)
4 - CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group (SSG)
5 - Global Ocean Data Assimilation Experiment (GODAE)
6 - Member of CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel
The ICPO contact for the CLIVAR Ocean Model Development Panel is Liping YIN.
Publications and Documents
Terms of Reference
1. To stimulate the development of ocean models for research in climate and related fields.
2. To encourage investigations of the effects of model formulation on the results of ocean models, making use of sensitivity studies and intercomparisons.
3. To promote interaction amongst the ocean modelling community and between this and other communities through workshops and other activities.
4. To stimulate the validation of ocean models when used in stand alone mode and as part of a coupled ocean-atmosphere model, using oceanographic data and other methods, and to advise on the observational requirements of such studies.
5. To publicise developments in ocean models amongst the climate modelling community.
6. To collaborate with other activities in areas of overlapping responsibility.
7. To advise on ocean modelling and related issues and to report on its activities to the CLIVAR Scientific Steering Group and the CLIVAR co-chair of WGCM.