Workshop: Multi-annual to Decadal Climate Predictability in the North Atlantic-Arctic Sector
Blue-Action, ROADMAP and the Bjerknes Climate Prediction Unit, together with the CLIVAR Climate Dynamics Panel, the CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel and CLIVAR Northern Oceans Region Panel, are organising a workshop to promote research on predictability in the North Atlantic and Arctic sector. This is a CLIVAR endorsed workshop, and the final event for the Blue-Action project, which finishes in September 2021.
Workshop dates will be 20-22 September 2021.
Registration and abstract submission is NOW OPEN and deadline is 21 May 2021.
This workshop would like to invite researchers working on relevant topics to share their findings and participate in open discussions around recent science.
The workshop aims to foster scientific exchanges and collaborations on multi-annual to decadal climate predictability, including research on:
- climate predictability from interannual to multi-decadal timescales and our understanding of the associated physical processes and their representation by models
- improvement of dynamical prediction systems, and
- increasing need for actionable information dependent on skillful climate predictions.
There will be three sessions and one parallel practical session hosted by Climadjust.
- MECHANISMS AND PREDICTABILITY
- 2/ ADVANCES IN MODEL & INITIALISATION
- APPLICATIONS & SERVICES
For more information, please visit: http://blue-action.eu/events/predictabilityworkshop, or contact Mahaut de Vareilles at Bjerknes CPU for additional information or queries (Mahaut.email@example.com).