2022 Sea Level Conference Preparation Telecon on Sep. 13
The monthly preparation telecon for 2022 Sea Level Conference was organized on 13 September 2021, with the participation of 8 organizing committee members, including representatives from WCRP Sea Level Grand Challenge, local organizers and ICPO. The telecon mainly focused on four issues: timings, schedule, budget and website, with the major uptakes summarized as below:
- The timing of the conference week is now being updated as: 9:00 am – 13:00 pm and 19:00 – 23: 00 pm for onsite participation for all five days, comprising a mixture of presentations and poster sessions as appropriate. And in the period of 13:00 – 19:00 pm, there would be the opportunity for Singapore onsite events in which only physical attendees participate.
- The draft conference schedule was presented by Robert, with an Opening Session and Session on "Where is the Science and Practice" scheduled on Day 1, followed by thematic sessions organized on each Working Packages of the Sea Level Grand Challenge through Day 2 to 4, and the final day on co-Production event and Future of the SL Grand Challenge.
- Due to the change of timing arrangement, the local organizer will help re-acquire the quotations for the venue options. Meanwhile, as the cost for simultaneous translation is very high, an alternative option would be to have closed captions. Meanwhile, the funding proposal to be submitted through the US CLIVAR Open Call is now being prepared by Jose, with inputs received from other organsing committee members. Meanwhile, funding support from WCRP is also anticipated.
- The local organisers will keep a close eye on the Event Application and Reciprocal Green Lane under COVID-19 in Singapore.
- The next meeting is being scheduled on Sep. 27.